Friday, September 11, 2009

Letting go

When in High school, I was the entertainment captain. There were days when I would have music served on the entertainment table with greater emphasis on Reggae and Ragga music, thereby earning myself a title Reggae captain rather than Entertainment captain. One of the most favorite of songs that I loved to play was Beenie Man’s Let him go. The first line of the song would go like, “Gal if you’re fed up with your boyfriend, let him go…” This translated to physically letting go of the relationship. What in other terms would be referred to as being dumped or booted in this current age. The problem with that song was that it never continued to tell what to do after you have booted them.

I am more interested in the life after the breakup and letting go! At what point can you comfortably and confidently say that you have let go of your partner? How do you get to know that you are actually not convincing yourself that you have let go or have just pushed it to the back of your mind and every opportunity you bump into each other will always awaken the demons in you? This and many more questions go through my mind as I try to understand how to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment